Terms & Conditions
We are Soreto Limited, of Part First Floor (North), 79 Wells Street, London, England, W1T 3QN and with a company number of 10382580 (“Soreto”, “we” or “us”). We help retailers who have entered into agreements with us (each a “Retailer”), administer Rewards (as defined below) to both “Sharers” and “Buyers” (both as defined below). These Consumer Reward Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you as a Sharer or a Buyer (as applicable) and set out the basis upon which Rewards may be administered by us on behalf of Retailers.
In these Terms we use some capitalised words which have a particular meaning. Some of these words we have already defined above, but to avoid us continuously defining these words again, we ask you to take into account the following definitions when reading these Terms:
Buyer a person who purchases Products from a Retailer through a Link. Lightbox means a Soreto generated lightbox appearing on the Retailer Platform and displayed to a Sharer upon completion of a purchase of Products by the Sharer from the Retailer, such lightbox displaying Links for a Sharer to share via the methods stated within the Lightbox. Link means each Soreto configured link to Products on the Retailer Platform, which is shared by a Sharer and which a Buyer clicks in order to be redirected back to the Retailer Platform and be able to make a Qualifying Purchase. Products means the products made available from time to time for purchase on the Retailer Platform. Qualifying Purchase means each Product purchased by a Buyer via the Retailer Platform, such Buyer having accessed the Retailer Platform via a Link, and subject to any limitations imposed by us or the Retailer. Retailer Platform means the Retailer’s e-commerce platform(s) accessed by Sharers and Buyers in connection with Soreto, including any website and / or mobile application. Reward means a reward as offered by a Retailer to: (i) Sharers, in return for sharing a Link; and (ii) Buyers, in return for making a Qualifying Purchase. Such rewards may, for example, include money-off vouchers for a Sharer and Buyer’s next purchase. Sharer means a person who shares Links from the Retailer Platform, such Links made available via a Lightbox.
When do these Terms Apply?
- These Terms relate to how a Sharer may share Links and a Buyer may use a Link to purchase Product(s) from the Retailer, in return for which both the Sharer and the Buyer get a Reward.
- If you are a Sharer, by clicking “Share” on any Link that we present to you via a Lightbox, you agree and accept these Terms. If you are a Buyer, by clicking on any Link made available to you via a Sharer, you agree and accept these Terms. These Terms incorporate our Privacy and Cookies Policy available at www.soreto.com/privacy which you should read carefully as it explains what data we collect about you and how we may use this in relation to providing Rewards.
- Each Reward will also have its own separate terms and conditions which the Retailer will make available to you separately. We will also display a summary of the Reward within the Lightbox displayed to you as a Sharer or in connection with a Link that you choose to click on as a Buyer. Please carefully read these terms and conditions before proceeding – we are not responsible for the terms relating to any Reward, and accept no liability in connection with such Reward, our sole responsibility is to administer the collection of a Reward on behalf of the applicable Retailer.
- We may terminate these Terms at any time, including if you are in breach of any terms contained herein or we suspect that you are about to commit a breach. Upon termination you will no longer be eligible to obtain Rewards and we, or a Retailer, may also suspend your access to any unredeemed Rewards already collected but not redeemed as of the date of such termination.
How does it Work?
If you are a Sharer: When you purchase Products from a Retailer, at the end of completing your transaction, we will present you with a Lightbox displaying Links that can be shared via
various methods as indicated within the Lightbox. By clicking “Share” you agree that:
- we will then send you an e-mail, using your name and e-mail address obtained from the Retailer or entered yourself, informing you of the details of the Reward;
- if you have selected the “Share via Messenger” or “Share via WhatsApp” option, we will generate a message in Messenger or WhatsApp for you to send to your friends, including the Link and informing them of the Reward available to them as a Buyer, and you represent and warrant that you have their prior consent to send such a Message or WhatsApp to such friend and that we are not responsible for you choosing to do so; and
- we may also send you an e-mail informing you of the details of our mobile application via which other rewards may be available.
- If you are a Sharer: When you purchase Products from a Retailer, at the end of completing your transaction, we will present you with a Lightbox displaying Links that can be shared via various methods as indicated within the Lightbox. By clicking “Share” you agree that:
- We are not responsible for any Products purchased from any Retailer and do not endorse any of the Products that a Retailer makes available. We simply administer Rewards on behalf of that Retailer. Any complaints or questions in relation to Products bought from any Retailer should be directed to the Retailer in question. In particular, we have no responsibility for, and are not liable for, the quality of such Products.
- The validity of any Reward is not within our control and we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever if any Reward fails to apply a particular discount or money-off value. Retailers may, from time to time, increase or decrease or even withdraw Rewards altogether. Although we take reasonable care and skill to ensure that Rewards are valid and subsisting at the time of presenting any Lightbox to you (as a Sharer) or when you click on a Link (as a Buyer), we accept no liability for any errors or omissions or any liability for any resulting damage or loss.
- Intellectual Property Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in relation to any materials provided by us to you, including our website and any Lightbox are owned by us or our licensors, including the materials comprising such Lightbox (the “Reward Materials”). If you are a Sharer, you are granted a non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce and distribute the Reward Materials via the methods we specify within the Lightbox or, if you are a Buyer, you are granted a non-exclusive licence to view the applicable Reward Materials for the purposes of redeeming your Reward.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence; (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Our liability is for direct loss or damage only, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise, and whether caused by our act or omission or that of our employees, agents or subcontractors. Our aggregate liability during any successive period of twelve months shall be limited to £100.
- We will not be liable to you, or anyone else, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise: (a) for any loss of revenue, business, anticipated savings or profits; or (b) for any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs or other claims, howsoever caused or arising.
- Updates and Variation: We may revise these Terms at any time. You should check each Reward that you participate in from time to time to review the then current Terms, because they are legally binding on you. These Terms may not be varied unless in writing and signed by or on behalf of both of us.
- Waiver of Remedies: No forbearance, delay or indulgence by either of us in exercising or enforcing the provisions of these Terms shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, nor shall any waiver of its rights operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms represent the entire understanding and constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to its subject matter and supersede any previous agreement between us as to such subject matter. Each of us acknowledges and agrees that in entering into these Terms it has not relied on any representation or warranty or undertaking other than those expressly set out in these Terms and, except in relation to any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, neither of us shall be under any liability or shall have any remedy in respect of misrepresentation or untrue statement unless and to the extent that a claim lies under these Terms.
- Severability: If these Terms are, in whole or in part, held by a court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law then that provision or part thereof shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms and the enforceability and validity of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
- Force Majeure: Neither of us shall be liable for failure to perform our respective obligations under these Terms if such failure results from circumstances wholly beyond that party’s reasonable control, provided that the affected party shall take all reasonable steps to anticipate any such circumstances and to reduce their impact and shall take all reasonable steps to remedy them as soon as possible.
- No Partnership: Each of us is an independent contractor with respect to the other and nothing in these Terms shall create any association, partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between us.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.